Exclusive member for:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Philippe Billiet is a commercial lawyer specialized in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Distribution Law.
Philippe contributed to the creation and improvement of various distribution networks, be it in the form of exclusive sales concessions, franchising, commercial agency or other distributor relationships.
He participates to legal meetings within the Belgian Franchise Federation, is member of the Advisory Board to the Brussels Diplomatic Academy, lectures on arbitration and mediation at the Brussels VUB University and participates in various think tanks on ADR and commercial related topics.
As an arbitrator, Philippe is a registered arbitrator at several dispute resolution centers, such as e.g. CEDIRES (Belgium); The BANI Arbitration center (Indonesia); The Caïro Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (Egypt); The Chambre Régionale d’Arbitrage Aix-en-Provence (France); The Commercial Arbitration Centre in Harare (Zimbabwe); The Commission de Litiges Voyages (Belgium); The Cour Belge d’Arbitrage pour le Sport (Belgium); The Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (India); The Institute of Arbitration (Belgium); The International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Ukraine); The Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (Malaysia); The Lagos Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (Nigeria); The Vienna International Arbitral Centre (Austria); Etc.
As a facilitative mediator he specializes in cross border civil & commercial matters, a field in which he holds the EMTPJ cross border mediator certification.
He practices in Dutch, English and French and is conversational in German.
Billiet&Co was established in 1989 with main focus in the field of commercial law.
Throughout the years, the firm has developed a particularly strong reputation in areas of law such as arbitration, mediation, distribution and insolvency.
Besides commercial undertakings, the firm frequently represents States, Diplomats and Diplomatic Missions.
The firm’s expertise is reflected in the following prizes and awards:
• “Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year” (2016 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award);
• “International Arbitrator of the Year – Belgium” (2016 AI Legal Awards);
• “Arbitration Law firm of the Year – Belgium” (2015 Corporate LiveWire Awards);
• “Best Alternative Dispute Resolution Law firm – Belgium” (2015 M&A Awards);
• “Best commercial Law firm – Belgium” (2015 Legal Awards, Acquisition International);
• “Dispute Resolution Law Firm if the Year – Belgium” (GLE 2015 Annual Awards);
• “Cross-Border Disputes Lawyer of the year – Belgium” (2015 Corporate Livewire Awards);
• “Alternative Dispute Resolutions firm of the year – Belgium” (2015 Corporate Livewire Awards);
• “Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year 2015” (Corporate Intl Magazine Legal Award);
• “Best in International Arbitration – Belgium 2014” (Acquisition International Legal Awards);
• “Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year in Belgium 2014” (Global Law Experts – GLE);
• “Client Choice – Dispute Resolution Law Award in Belgium 2014” (Legal Finest 200 Awards);
• “Boutique Law Firm of 2014 – Belgium” (The M&A Awards);
• “Franchise Law – Law Firm of the Year 2014” (Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award);
• “Franchise Law Firm of the Year in Belgium 2014” (Global Law Experts – GLE)